click click click

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chris' Aussie Birthday

17 September 2008

Since it was Chris' first time to celebrate his birthday in Sydney, I gave him an Aussie birthday celebration.

I took him to Featherdale Wildlife Park so he can finally see a Koala and experience feeding a Kangaroo.



The reason why I love bring "tourists" to Featherdale is because you get to at least touch a Koala and feed Kangaroos in this zoo.

It was a whole morning of communing with animals. Too bad Chris wasn't able to see a Tasmanian Devil...it didn't want to come out. But we saw the penguins, wombat, an albino kangaroo, a mother kangaroo with an albino baby kangaroo inside its womb, and my favorite the colorful Peacocks.

For the first time, I was able to see a Mother Koala cuddling her baby Koala. I told Chris he was very lucky to see it on his first visit to the zoo here.


After our zoo adventure, we went to Blacktown for lunch at Hog's Breath Cafe. Syempre Aussie lunch din, so we had steak.


For dinner we ordered Chinese take-away and celebrated at home with our relatives. For his cake, I got a Freddo Ice Cream Cake which we ate for dessert. :)
For more photos, please click here: Chris' Aussie Birthday!