click click click

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Organic Choices For The Home

I'm not entirely buying everything organic for the home but there are a few items in the pantry that has turned organic. I figured that I may not be able to control what we eat outside all the time but at least, I can make healthy choices for our home.

Breakfast nowadays are Organic Cornflkes and Organic Milk. In making coffee and cooking, we use Organic Raw Sugar.

When we need to add flavor during meals, we now use Organic Tomato Ketchup. For cooking, I now use Organic Flour.

I still use non-organic pasta from time to time, but if I can, I try to find organic pasta like this Penne pasta I found.

And for my everyday tea at work, I've switched to organic two years ago.

Due to some health scare that happened to me when I was still single, I vowed that I will try my best to control the food we buy for the home when I get married. We still buy certain junk foods from time to time but we have a schedule on when we can eat junk foods. An example would be sharing a bag of chips only on Saturday nights, but for the rest of the week, we don't. As I always say, as long as everything is in moderation and controlled, that is fine.

People are lucky nowadays to find several healthy options (one of which is organic) available to them in the market. It is a bit more expensive than the normal products but for me, it is worth it.