click click click

Thursday, July 5, 2007

About Me

Hi, I'm Ibyang Sanchez.  I'm a happy wife living a charmed life as I do a balancing act of loving my husband, managing a home and taking care of myself too.

Other than devoting time for my family and career as an HR Practitioner, I make it a point to spend time with family and friends, learn photography, engage in music, watch movies, immerse in travel, and read books that enriches the mind and soul.

Since being a wife is very much an exciting one (imagine having your playmate hang out with you for the rest of your life?  your playmate being your husband--now isn't that fun?), I decided to create "A Wife's Charmed Life" in 2007. 

I'd like to help fellow wives and/or moms in making their lives a little easier with whatever experiences and tips I will learn along the way. For those who aren't married yet, I hope the things I will write about will come in handy for you in the future.


I also write about things I love:  times spent with family and friends, gastronomic discoveries, my "me" time indulgences, health and well-being tips, fashion finds, books that make a difference, films/theatre shows that entertain and places I've been to.


Why the "Charmed Life"


The concept of a charmed life came from a book.  In 2002, I was traveling in Sdyney, Australia for a month-long vacation when I met a friend who gave me a book entitled "Creating a Charmed Life" by Victoria Moran. When I read the book, I was changed for life.  Now that I'm married, the lessons I learned on how to create a charmed life makes adjusting to marital life easier.


Thru this blog, I will share the things I learned from being a woman and a wifey while spreading the "charm" around.

Other sites you can find me:
A Wife's Charmed Life Photoblog : charmed experiences immortalized in photographs
Our Happy Beginnings! : notes and snippets of our journey to ever after
Twitter and Plurk : on random updates
Postcards on Air  : a playground of sorts where I share random moments and thoughts that inspire.

If you have any comments or suggestion, please leave me a note via awifescharmedlife (at) yahoo (dot) com  and let's share ideas over a virtual cup of tea or coffee. 

Stay charmed! :)


-o0o0o-

I have always been asked what camera I use in taking photographs, so here's a list of gears I constantly use:
Canon 7D
Canon 30D
Canon 400D
Canon 18-55mm IS Lens
Canon 17-85mm IS Lens
Canon 50mm Lens
Canon 270EX Speedlite
Canon 430EX Speedlite
Lumix GF1 with 20mm lens
Fujinon 55mm (vintage lens)
Tamron 70-300mm (telephoto lens)
Fujica Vintage Lens (film)

During travels, I also bring my Lomo cameras with me:  a Holga and a Fisheye.

To date, Photography has taken me to experience covering events such as birthdays, debuts, christenings, pre-natal and pre-nuptial shoots and weddings.  I share this passion with my Husband, Chris, who not only introduced me his love for this art but has been my lifelong coach and partner in this undertaking.

:)