click click click

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Toffee Nut Latte Afternoon









I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is...
You.*


For some reason, everytime Christmas is just around the corner, I always order a cup of Toffee Nut Latte at Starbucks. Drinking Toffee Nut Latte reminds me of the first time it got introduced to the Philippines as a Christmas season special (it was originally introduced as a winter seasonal drink but in some countries, it became part of the regular menu). It reminds me of late nights at Starbucks with friends after some Christmas party we've attended. It reminds me Christmas shopping with my ex-boyfriend (now husband) that would end at Starbucks to make an inventory of what we've accomplished for the day or simply savor the Christmas spirit around us.




Two weeks ago, I had my first Toffee Nut Latte for the year. And boy have I missed it so. Its toffee-nut syrup that tastes like combined hazelnut and vanilla, topped with whipped cream and a dash of crunchy toffee nuts brought joy to my senses.




This afternoon, since I'm feeling stressed at work and looking forward to a very busy weekend, I decided to celebrate the end of my workweek (taking a day-off tomorrow) by hanging out at Starbucks and de-stress with a cup of Toffee Nut Latte. I thought I should take a breather in between work and home responsibilities before plunging into wifely duties. Was able to have a good hour of "me" time.






Five minutes before I left the cafe, I started my wifely duties by reviewing my grocery/shopping list. When I knew that everything's all good (and that husband's on his way to our meeting place), I have one last sip of my one of my favorite coffees and head out of the cafe, rejuvenated and ready to face my weekend.




* All I Want For Christmas, song by Mariah Carey...is the song that plays on my mind whenever I think of my Toffee Nut Latte.