click click click

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Book: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

A novel by Audrey Niffenegger, "The Time Traveler's Wife", will now be seen on the big screen. A love story about a man who time travels and a woman who waits for the love of her life until they are together again in real time.





I've been waiting for this movie to be shown since 2007, I'm glad it will finally be shown this year. Playdate here in Australia is on 5 November 2009.

Why I love the book

The plot is something different. When I learned that the main character is someone who time traveled involuntarily, I got very curious on the kind of life a time traveler would have.

The novel is a love story that explored the concept of waiting. I read this during the time when I was experiencing a long distance relationship and I related to how Clare (the female lead character) felt when she longed and worried for Henry (the male lead character) when he was away.

It is a story about marriage. It showcased how a couple can survive thru hardships and challenges in married life, how they were able find humour inspite of their odd situation. It also depicted the suffering they had to go thru in order to have a child.

The story is enchanting, imaginative, funny, and romantic. I can't put the book down until I finished it. It made me laugh and cry.


My Favorite Quotes from the Book


"It's hard being left behind. I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he is okay. It's hard to be the one who stays." - Clare


"He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?" - Clare

"I hate to be where she is not, when she is not. And yet, I am always going, and she cannot follow." - Henry

"Clare, I want to tell you, again, I love you. Our love has been the thread through the labyrinth, the net under the high-wire walker, the only real thing in this strange life of mine that I could ever trust."- Henry


"Time is nothing." - Henry