click click click

Monday, August 24, 2009

My Top 3s This Weekend

3 Things My Girlfriends and I did on Friday night:

  1. Visited the Swarovski store
  2. Coffee at Starbucks (I had hot chocolate and a vanilla cupcake courtesy of Hilda)
  3. Dinner at Pepper Lunch

Lovely time with my girlfriends Hilda, Ara and Chloe. It's been awhile since we've had dinner and as always, it was nice to catch up and plan of more get-togethers in the future.

3 Rewards I Gave Myself:

  1. A haircut
  2. A pair of black jeans
  3. A cute little red bag

I broke my own rule on Saturday when Husband and I went to the shops. Before going in, we both agree that we will only window shop--no buying. But I found these pair of black jeans at 70% off and this cute bag at 50%.

3 Afternoon Snacks My Husband and I Indulged In:

  1. Turon
  2. Karioca
  3. Corn...as in Nilagang Mais

We bought Turon and Karioca at the Filo store priced at AUD$1.50/piece (mahal!!! so forget about converting to Peso hehe) and ate them on Saturday afternoon. We bought raw corn and cooked them for our Sunday afternoon tea.

3 New Dishes I Cooked:

  1. Salmon Steak
  2. Honey Soy Chicken
  3. Buttered Prawns in Garlic

3 Networking Sites I will Regularly be Visible In:

  1. Multiply
  2. Plurk
  3. Twitter

Multiply will always be home and Plurk is a fun environment, then I finally learned to love the simplicity of Twitter. I've decided to only visit Facebook once in awhile as FB is becoming "too noisy" for me--so many applications and games I'm really not interested in. Stressful to the eye.

3 Silly Things My Husband and I Did:

  1. After we accomplished a certain goal we had for the past month on Saturday morning, we suddenly sang "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands..*clap clap*" like two foolish kids.
  2. We jumped on top of our bed on Saturday night like two kids on a slumber party.
  3. Danced inside the house to our favorite songs intermittently. Dunno why but dancing inside the house is becoming a habit---a very funny habit hehe.

3 Great Lessons Learned:

A recent happening in my life has once again revealed that life is indeed short. And so with this premise, I have learned that:

  1. As long as I write in good faith, nothing or no one should stop me from writing about things I do, love and care about or restrain myself from sharing my thoughts.
  2. As long as my conscience is clear, I don't want to care about what other people think. If people will react negatively to what I do or write and they don't have the guts to tell me upfront, then they can all go to hell.
  3. Life is all about having fun...so I'm going to have fun.

This is the beauty of hanging out with girlfriends. We get to talk of things and they give me advices that make sense, one of which is a validation that I'm doing some things right.