click click click

Monday, December 7, 2009

Sculpture by the Sea 2009

A once in a year spectacle in Sydney as the Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk transforms into a giant sculpture park with more than a hundred sculptures from artists in Australia and around the world. It runs for three weeks during Spring.

Husband and I explored the shores of Bondi Beach one Sunday afternoon and took some photos (we never made it to Tamarama due to another appointment in the afternoon).


"sanctuary"


"chaos and order"


"eye sea you"


"the shoppers"


"what the wind said II"


"face finger folds"


"pattern III"

My Husband appreciated the sculptures more than me, basically because he's the artist between the two of us--he gets it more than I do hehe. But I do find some of it fascinating. Next year, I hope we'd have enough time to see all the sculptures (and maybe a better weather?).

For more photos, please check them out here: Sculptures by the Sea 2009 Collection.



Some other photos that day as the Husband and I had our weekend date by the beach.

Gloomy, drizzling day that day. We didn't mind getting soaked by rain but the concern was always for our cameras getting wet. We were only there for two hours and it rained thrice.


It was my Husband's first time to be in Bondi. Took him almost two years of living here to visit Sydney's most popular beach. Next time, we will visit an earlier time so we can hang out for longer.



My Bondi visit will never be complete without Fish & Chips. I know it's so Aussie but I really don't know why I always crave for Fish & Chips whenever I'm here.


Had fun posing for the Husband. I finally noticed the graffitis here in Bondi. I know there's graffitis in this city everywhere but I never seem to notice.


A souvenir shot.