click click click

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Restaurant: Grill'd Healthy Burgers

Their brochure couldn't have said it better--- "Welcome back to burgers".

Must be destiny because just when I was on the lookout for the best burgers in Sydney, I found delicious, indulgent and yet healthy burgers at Grill'd.

Grill'd Burgers are healthy burgers
Once upon a time, I was a burger monster.  Way back when I was young and had fast metabolism, I ate a burger once or twice a week.  When I moved here in Sydney, I had a changed of lifestyle and that included "no burgers for the longest time".  For the past three years, my burger indulgences were very minimal, about 3-4 times a year and that was it. 

So one day, I asked around on where to find the yummiest burgers in Sydney so at least when I eat one of my favorite food in the world, I'll be eating the best.  And one of my mates answered, "Grill'd".  At that time, the nearest "Grill'd" to me was Crows Nest.  Then I got news that Grill'd will open a branch in Darling Harbour---such luck! That's where my Husband works and where we usually hang out.

As soon as their Darling Harbour branch opened, off we went to Grill'd in Harbourside Mall to have a taste of their handmade burgers.


Grill'd Burgers (Harbourside Mall)
I love the classy, neat and cozy atmostphere at Grill'd.  As soon as we entered, we were greeted by their friendly staff.


Being the burger fiend that I am, I ordered the Almighty Burger

Almighty Burger
What's inside the Almighty Burger? 
Grilled 100% lean beef, tasty cheese, crispy trim bacon, free-range egg, slices of beetroot with salad, relish and herbed mayo.


Almighty Burger
I was in burger heaven when I had a bite of this massive burger.  Full of flavor and very juicy.


The Husband ordered a simpler burger, Crispy Bacon and Cheese.


Crispy Bacon & Cheese Burger
What's inside the Crispy Bacon and Cheese Burger?
Grilled 100% lean beef, crispy trim bacon, tasty cheese, salad, relish and herbed mayo.


Crispy Bacon & Cheese Burger
A simple and yet very tasty burger.   


The Grill'd burgers are big.  If you have a small appetite, you might need to share it with someone.  The first time we ate here, we ordered a burger each but nowadays, we just order one burger and we just share.

One time when I went out with friends, I ordered their Mini Moo burger.  I expected a small burger but this was what they brought me.

Mini Moo Burger

I really had a funny look when the waitress served this.  I thought it was a mistake.  Their Mini Moo burger is bigger than a fastfood chain's cheeseburger. 


Mini Moo Burger
What's inside a Mini Moo Burger?
Grilled 100% lean beef and relish.  You can add tasty cheese and salad for additional cost.

Other stuff I've tried at Grill'd:
Mushroom and Feta Salad
It had mushroom, rocket, roasted peppers and feta (one of my favorite cheeses).
Salad was fresh.  Servings are very generous.


Mushroom & Feta Salad


Hot Chips
Why it's healthy?  It is cooked in high-quality cholesterol-free oil, contains no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.


Hot Chips with Herbed Mayo

I love their chips especially when dipped in Herbed Mayo.


What we love about Grill'd:

They use 100% lean beef.  More protein, less fat, less cholesterol.

Their buns are to-die-for!!!!  According to them, their buns are baked daily and contain no added sugar and no artificial preservatives.  And they toast them so it's crispy when served.  You also have the option to choose between a normal bun or a gluten-free bun.

Their crunchy Hot Chips and flavourful Herbed Mayo dip. 

Their friendly staff who even accommodated our request to take home our leftovers.  You can ask them to cut the burgers in half so if you cannot finish them, you can bring your leftover food to them at the counter and they will wrapped them up for you.

Affordable and reasonable prices.

They have options for those who want healthier food like Gluten-free options and Vegan burgers.

Now that I found Grill'd, I welcome myself back to burgers---healthy burgers.


Grill'd Darling Harbour
Level 2, Harbourside Shopping Centre
To find the nearest Grill'd, click here.

All photos by Chris and Ivy Sanchez, Copyright 2010.
Please do not use our photos without our permission.