click click click

Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Food Finds at Westfield Sydney : Snag Stand & Becasse Bakery

Haven't been out much since I came back from holiday in May.  The Husband and I mostly spent our time hibernating at home for most part of May to June due to cold weather.  We started going back to our weekly dinner dates in July and that's when we found out that the Westfield Sydney Food Court in Level 5 and 6 became more fancy.

A new gastronomical experience was having a taste of some "haute dogs" at Snag StandPhilip Blanco, the man behind Gloria Jeans and T2, brings sourced gourmet sausages from local butcheries and serve them with specially-baked buns for a sophisticated sausage sizzle experience.

The Husband got himself the American Classic "haute dog".  A filling wood smoked frankfurter with American Mustard, tomato sauce, onion and sweet relish on a toasted brioche roll.

Haute Dog at Snag Stand (Westfield Sydney)


Being the spicy-fiend, I got myself the Chili Dog.  This "haute dog" won't disappoint when it comes to "haute-ness"!  A natural frankfurter enveloped in chili beef sauce, onions, cheese and roasted chili peppers on a toasted brioche bun.
Haute Dog at Snag Stand (Westfield Sydney)


This hotdog is so long so they cut it into half to make it easy to eat AND share!
Haute Dog at Snag Stand (Westfield Sydney)


Their chips made from 100% Tasmanian Russet Potatoes with a sprinkle of natural sea salt flakes is one of the best chips I've ever tasted.  A great partner to their "haute dogs".
Haute Dog at Snag Stand (Westfield Sydney)

Their hotdogs tasted a bit bland but I took into consideration that their sausages are made from low lean fat meats, all natural casings, gluten free, no artificial colours and flavours.  I'm aware that the more natural the food is, the lesser flavour it can be. The little blandness is balanced out by the sauces and toppings so I didn't really mind.  I'd gladly eat these kind of hotdogs anytime and feel guilt-free.

Snag Stand 
Level 5, Shop 5012a 
Westfield Sydney
188 Pitt Street, Sydney
NSW 2000
Phone: (02) 9221 9660

-o0o0o-

On a different week, the Husband and I met up for afternoon tea and decided to try the coffee and pastries at Becasse Bakery
Becasse Bakery (Westfield Sydney)


We had a cup of their Cafe Mocha and shared a pastry.  With just the right amount of chocolate, their Cafe Mocha was beautifully rich.  I'm truly proud I live in a city where you can get good coffee in every corner and even in food courts.
Becasse Bakery (Westfield Sydney)


Their version of Gateau St. Honore on instagram.  It is a classic French dessert made of puff pastry at its base, cream puffs dipped in caramel and abundant whipped cream.

Becasse Bakery (Westfield Sydney)


I loved this pastry!!!  I knew I was meant to share it with the Husband but I ate most of it.
Becasse Bakery (Westfield Sydney)


I can't wait to try their other pastries soon.
Becasse Bakery
Level 5, Westfield Sydney
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: (02) 9283 3440

Follow ibyang on Twitter