click click click

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It's Nice To Be Someone Else' +1

Isn't it nice to be someone else's +1?  And even more wonderful if that someone is a person other than your partner or spouse.  

I'm not saying I don't jump for joy at the thought that I'm my Husband's +1. But you gotta admit that when you're taken or married, there's really not much surprise there. I will always be grateful that being married entails I'm secured for life that I'm my Husband's +1 and he mine but what I'm talking about here is that it's nice to have friends who consider you as their +1 (other than their partner) too.

At this time and age, it's not easy to maintain friendships. Time spent with people is an investment and it is something that you can never take back. Time spent with loved ones will forever be in the bank of our memories.

I've been fortunate enough that I have girlfriends who will go out of their way just to spend time with me. It is always a blessing to know that a friend of mine will invite me for coffee or tea because she has a +1 invite. It may be a small gesture but it is one of the sweetest things that make my heart tender.