click click click

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Now Open in Chinatown: DAISO Japan (Haymarket, Sydney)

I can't believe it's been almost a month since Daiso opened a branch in the heart of Sydney and I haven't blogged about it. I'm sorry Sydneysiders for the lateness of this post. 

Daiso Japan opened in Chinatown Sydney (Level 1, 727 George Street, Haymarket) on the first week of September. On the second day it opened, my friend and I rushed to the store as soon as we clocked out of the office. We were that excited!

The Daiso branch in Chinatown has a smaller space compared to the Chatswood branch however, I feel like I'm able to see more items that I never noticed in Chatswood. I don't know why this is the case for me.

Two of the sections that I enjoy are the Bento and Food section.
The Chinatown branch is conveniently located not too far away from where I work so it's possible for me to drop by anytime I want to. However, after visiting three times in two weeks, I had to stay away because Daiso is such a wasteland haven and a hoarder's nightmare. Eventhough each item is only AUD2.80, it can become expensive later on when you add all your purchases up. So everytime I walk in the store, I get what I need and check-out the counter. No need to dilly dally because I can always swing by anytime.

Here are a few items I was able to get:
Storage solutions. A jug I can use for storing Lemon and Cucumber Water. A small glass container for storing left-over Kimchi.  Plastic boxes for storing shoes.
Now Open in Chinatown, Sydney: DAISO

Bento accessories and sushi molders. I would love to learn a few ways to brighten up our lunch boxes and make sushi at home so I bought a few items to help me start off. Also, the sushi molders can be used for molding sausages (I think of Longganisa).
Now Open in Chinatown, Sydney: DAISO

Fragrance Oil. I only bought one scent for now and if we like it, we'll buy some more.
Now Open in Chinatown, Sydney: DAISO

Food. It's the first time I bought food items from Daiso and so far, they've all been good. I got us some biscuits for snacks and some noodles and soup stocks for cooking (see latest my latest recipe: Japanese Tinola)
Now Open in Chinatown, Sydney: DAISO

DAISO Japan
Level 1, 727 George Street
Haymarket, Sydney 2000
Phone: (02) 9212 6888
Open 7 days a week from 9:00am-9:00pm