click click click

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Tea Time at Ladurée

I promised my friend Tintin that we will have our first Ladurée Cafe experience the moment she arrives here in Sydney. That was in September. Tintin noted that I have a very high emotional quotient when it comes to delaying gratification and I couldn't agree more. Tintin arrived in Sydney in November and it was only last week that we finally (yes, finally!) got around to sit down at Ladurée's cafe and have tea. The wait took me 3 months but it was worth it. 
Tea Time at Laduree
While I've bought macarons at Ladurée a few times now, sitting down to have tea and savour the goodness of their macarons with a friend is a more sweet experience altogether.

Ladurée Cafe doesn't have an extensive menu, mostly just macarons, tea, coffee, chocolate and bubblies are offered. However, it is a good place to have a quiet moment, have a cup of beverage alone or with loved ones, as you have one or two macarons.
Tea Time at Laduree
Instead of having tea, Tintin had a cup of Latte which came with a small block of chocolate. While I chose to have Ladurée's Hot Chocolate
Tea Time at Laduree
We each chose four macarons: Pistachio, Salted Caramel, Raspberry, Strawberry Marshmallow, Vanilla and Chocolate.
Tea Time at Laduree
I enjoyed my Ladurée Hot Chocolate. It's luxuriously rich and thick but brilliantly smooth. It was a bit bitter but there was no need to add sugar. For someone like me who has some kind of a limit when it comes to chocolate (I'm not really a chocoholic), the serving of Hot Chocolate was more than enough so I shared it with Tintin's son, Tom.
Tea Time at Laduree
Tea Time at Laduree
Tintin liked the macarons and has commented that it's better than other macarons she's  tasted. I'm so glad she enjoyed it as much as I did. And other than the yummy food, it was great to spend time with her and Tom this Christmas.

Ladurée
Level 3, Westfield Sydney
Corner Pitt Street and Market Street, Sydney