click click click

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Recipe: Kimchi Rice

I started cooking Kimchi Rice a few months ago and thought not to share the recipe because it can easily be searched in Google anyway. However, I've been getting requests to share how I do it. So last night I looked for my first Kimchi Rice photo and decided to write down my Kimchi Rice Recipe.
Recipe: Kimchi Rice
What you need to prepare:
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 medium-sized Onion, chopped
1 tsp Garlic, chopped
1 tsp Ginger, chopped
3 tbsp of Kimchi 
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup of Cooked Rice
1/4 cup of Shallots, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste 
1 fried Egg

Tip: You can lessen or add rice and kimchi, depending on your appetite or whether you are serving a number of people.

Optional: You can add meats like bacon, beef or chicken to this dish.

What you to do:
1. Fry egg in sesame oil and then set aside.
2. Using the same oil, saute onion, garlic and ginger.
3. Add kimchi and stir for a few minutes until transparent.
4. Pour soy sauce.
5. Mix in rice until well-combined with kimchi. Throw in a dash of salt and pepper.
6. Stir for about 4-6 minutes and then add the shallots.
7. Serve with fried egg on top.

Below is a photo of the Kimchi Rice I had for dinner last night, shared on instagram.
Enjoy and happy cooking!