click click click

Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Rubber Duck Is Back For The Sydney Festival 2014

The giant and oh-so-adorable Rubber Duck is back in Australia for the Sydney Festival 2014. It's currently situated at Parramatta River in Parramatta Park between Pavilion Flat and Government Farm. It will be there until 10th-19th January. Click this link for details.
Created by Netherlands artist, Florentine Hofman, the giant rubber duck's purpose is to relieve everyday tensions, as well as define them. The rubber duck is there to create a new perspective in a public place and simply amaze people.
We saw the Rubber Duck last year and yet it still charmed us when we saw it today. We knew it will be back in Australia but didn't know where. I thought it will visit a different city this year. The Hubby and I braved the heat of the Sun and went out even if we planned to stay home. It turned out to be a fun adventure.
I'm so happy to see Duckie (I made him a nickname). January's my birthmonth and I thought this morning, "He's here for my birthday!" Haha. Of course that's not true but nevertheless, it's an amusing thought.  
If you have a chance, see the Rubber Duck and be charmed by it!