click click click

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Lion King (The Musical)

This is one musical that I truly enjoyed. The movie "Lion King" was a great movie with songs that made us fall in love, laugh and cry. The musical production gave us that and more. To see the characters come to life and perform in colourful costumes were a sight to behold. At the end of the show, I loved the musical more than the film.
I'm most amazed with the actors because other than act, sing and dance, they also had to control the puppet above their heads. The task wasn't easy but their movements were graceful, as if they were one with their respective puppets. 

My favourite productions were: "Circle of Life" (start of the show), "I Just Can't Wait to be King", "Hakuna Matata" and "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?"


A few photos to remember:

A peak at the orchestra which was located below the stage.
The Husband and I outside Capitol Theatre.
Rafiki in wax, located at the ground floor lobby of Capitol Theatre.
The Lion King will run until 31 August 2014. You can buy tickets via Ticketmaster. If you have time this weekend, check out the website for tickets and see it before it ends.