click click click

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Realization of a 1st-Year Old Wife

There's so many things I've learned the past year from being a wife, but there's one learning that struck me like lightning:

That the courage and bravery you had when you both said "I Do" infront of God and the Law should be more than enough that it will last you till the toughest times of your married life.

Let me tagalized it para mas feel:

Kung anumang tapang ang naramdaman mo nung time na sinabi mo ang mga katagang "I Do" sa harap ng sambayanan, siguraduhin mo na ang TAPANG na ipinakita mo ay aabot hanggang sa pinaka-challenging na moments sa buhay nyong mag-asawa.

Marriage is not only about LOVE.

Pag nagugutom na kayo, hindi mo pwedeng ipakain ang Love. Pero kung may tapang ka, hindi mo hahayaan na dumating kayo sa punto na wala na kayong kakainin. Ilalaban mo ang lahat ng makakaya mo para sa pamilya mo. Kung may tapang ka, you will find ways, you will never give up and you will think logically.

In the course of our one year marriage, I have fully understood what commitment really meant. I have finally understood what they meant by "take that leap of faith". Leap of faith nga! An awesome leap of faith that takes A LOT of COURAGE and BRAVERY. Hindi lang pala "Handa ka na ba?" ang tanong, dapat itanong mo rin ang "May tapang ka ba?", "Are you brave enough?" na questions.

In the course of our one-year marriage, I discovered how brave I am. Nanlalambot din ako, napapagod din ako. But I'm stronger when it counts, where it counts. In this crazy and funny little thing called Marriage, tears are not the answer, courage is.