click click click

Friday, September 25, 2009

Chris' Birthday Bash

Last Saturday (19/9/09--love the date!), I organized a party for friends in celebration of the Husband's 30th birthday. It was one of the happiest moments of our lives as our friends gathered around to wish him a very happy birthday.

It was our 3rd time to have a party at home and Chris and I are somehow getting better at hosting parties we think (haha!). Other than the fact that we love doing party preps, entertaining and having friends around (we love hearing laughters echoing inside the home), we enjoy organizing events TWOgether (I guess it's because we're used to working together at the office when we were still in Manila). Organizing parties is just one of the effects of our teamwork and we love successful parties!

We did a couple of new things for this party such as our table centrepiece. We usually put flowers but for the first time, I made this simple candle and fruit centrepiece. These are two things that I love seeing on our dining table on any normal day so why not use it for special occassions too.

Served Cabanossi Sausages as part of our Antipasto Platter to give that meaty flavor to wet the appetite before diving into the mains.

For our mains, I served Chicken Lollipops with homemade gravy and Pork Asado for the first time. I used to cook these before but always with the help of either my mom or my grandma. We also served Spring Rolls and Chicken Meatballs.

We were fortunate enough to have helpful friends who brought food so we had lots for everyone. They brought Spaghetti, Baked Macaroni, Veggies, Duck in Red Curry. They even brought dessert! Amazing.

It was also the first time that Chris baked for our friends!!! Yes, my Husband bakes now while I cook---we are really a team now even when it comes to the kitchen. He baked Friands in three flavors: Blueberry, Almond and Chocolate for dessert. Our friends loved it! I'm so proud of my Husband :).

The food was just the icing on the cake but the company, the laughter, great conversations and time spent with our friends are biggest bonus of the celebration. We are truly grateful for their presence.

For more of the happy photos on Chris' birthday bash, please click HERE.