click click click

Friday, February 5, 2010

Recipe: Chili Spaghetti

This is the easiest Spaghetti recipe I've done as I didn't need to prepare any sauces. This also answers the cravings of someone who wants their pasta chili-hot. I had a taste of this during a party and asked my friend on how he did it and boy, it sounded easy--and it is! It had a few ingredients to prepare which always favor someone like me who juggles a home and a career. The best thing is the versatility of this dish as you can add and change the ingredients to whatever you feel like having at the moment or whatever is available in your pantry.


What you need:
Cooked Spaghetti Pasta
3 tablespoons of Olive Oil (or Extra Light Olive Oil)
1 medium-sized onion

5 cloves of garlic

Bacon, sliced
Prosciutto Ham, sliced
3-4 pieces of Red chili, sliced (add more depending on preference)
Basil, to taste
Salt, to taste
Parmesan Cheese

What you need to do:

1. Saute Onion and Garlic in Olive Oil.
2. Add in Bacon and Prosciutto Ham. Leave for 5 minutes.
3. Throw in the red Chilis, leave for another 5 minutes
4. Add in the cooked Spaghetti pasta.
5. Sprinkle a dash of Basil and Salt.
6. Mix ingredients and pasta well for a few minutes.
7. Transfer into a serving bowl or platter.
8. Serve with Parmesan Cheese on top.

Tips:

1. For variety, you can change ingredients to tuna, shrimps or vegetables. You can also combine meat and seafood ingredients (i.e. bacon and shrimps) or seafood and vegetables, etc. Very versatile.

2. The original recipe was actually just bacon but since I have Prosciutto Ham in the freezer, I decided to add it in and it brought a bit of smoky flavor to the dish.

3. Take it easy on the red chilis. In order to achieve the right amount of spice, I recommend that you do not throw in all your red chilis in one go. What I did was drop a few slices of chilis when i mixed them with the bacon and prosciutto and when I thought the dish needed more spice, I dropped in a few more during the mixing of the pasta in the end. If you are not a lover of spice, you can eliminate the chili altogether.

Have fun cooking and enjoy!