click click click

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My "Keep Calm and Carry On" Reminders

Do you want to make posters of the things you believe in or things you want to remind yourself all the time?

Let me share with you one way of making virtual posters online thru the
Keep Calm and Carry On Image Generator.


What is "Keep Calm and Carry On"?
Keep Calm and Carry On was the third in a series of World War 2 posters drawn up by the UK Ministry of Information in order to boost the morale of the British people by passing on a message from King George VI. The posters were a stark white text on a red background, with the only image on the poster being the royal crown of George VI.
The first two posters, "Your Courage, Your Cheerfulness, Your Resolution will Bring Us Victory" and "Freedom is in Peril" were widely printed and distributed. However, the third poster, which carried the simple message "Keep Calm and Carry On" although printed, was never distributed, as it was intended only if invasion was imminent.
At the end of the war, the posters were collected up and pulped. It is believed that only two original posters out of a print run of over a million survive to this day.


The story would have ended there were it not for Stuart and Mary Manley, who run a bookshop called Barter Books in Northumberland. Whilst sorting through a box of old books, they found one of the few surviving original copies of the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' poster. They liked it so much that they had the poster framed and placed near the till in their shop.


They soon found that customers were very keen on the poster - even to the point of asking if they could buy it! So, Stuart and Mary started selling and printing facsimilie copies of the poster. The rest, as they say, is history...
In the nine years since 2000 the poster has become world famous, having been mentioned in news articles, on TV and having been seen in many disparate places from country pubs to the Houses of Parliament.


For more on "Keep Calm and Carry On", you may continue reading here.

So this was what I did yesterday afternoon when I arrived home--made my own virtual posters via the Keep Calm and Carry On Image Generator.



I made a poster for when I'm feeling overwhelmed with so many things to do or if I need patience in dealing with something...


I made one that will give me courage, inspiration and that extra push to make things better not only in my life but also in others...


Third and last (for now), I made a poster of one of my Ibyang-isms and my most favorite affirmation...


I had so much fun doing these virtual photos. One day soon, I will print some of them and place them on my office desk or maybe post one poster on our refrigerator door. I might even make a poster for our bathroom! hehe.


Later, I will make funny quotes that will give me an instant cheer. For now, these three posters will do.


Thanks to Yasmine for sharing this "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters in her blog.


Why don't you try it? Click this: Keep Calm and Carry On Image Generator and share your virtual posters on your blog. Let me know if you do so I can visit your site.