click click click

Saturday, September 25, 2010

You Know You're Busy When _______ .

My life's been crazy hectic these past few weeks, I miss being online and being able to blog regularly.  Work is the major culprit, however, I was assured by the boss that there is "light at the end of the tunnel".  I'm going with the flow and letting things fall into place.  I love what I do at work and take pride that I make a difference in people's lives everyday.  But I do miss my normal life where my time is more managed and I'm able to easily balance my family life, personal interests and career (take note: 3rd priority na lang ang career ngayon!).    "This too shall pass" is what I always believe that's why I cherish every moment, whether happy or challenging.  In the meantime, I came up with a list called "You know you're busy when...",  here goes.

Carlton Gardens (Melbourne)You know you're busy when....
you call your friends as early as 7am just to catch up.

you print out blog entries so you can catch up on you blog reading (I don’t have a hi-tech phone or a 
netbook/laptop so I print blog entries and read them while I’m inside the train or bus--yes, that's what I do nowadays in order to catch up with blog friends, I just can't comment on their blog entries though).

you bring work home---even on a weekend! (this is big no-no for me BUT special times cause special actions)

you sometimes have late night dinners between 9:00pm to 10:00pm.

usual weekly coffee dates with the husband happens at midnight.

you cook brunch so the next big meal that you prepare for later is dinner (less meals to cook, less time to prepare, less time for cleaning up in the kitchen).

that even in your personal life, you have "pendings"! (LOL---funny but very true).

the only reason why you check twitter and Facebook is because you need to reply to messages (I can't even do it everyday now which results to being late in replying).

you can't even turn on the computer when you arrive home. 

you return phone calls when inside the train or bus.

you meet up with friends for coffee and they find you waiting at the cafe working on a report for work.

you only get to update your blog on weekends (like right now!).

While all of the thing listed here are true, these are all in good humor.  Most of the time, I just laugh it off because I used to be a very busy careerwoman when I was single.  I don't mind having a hectic workload once in a while but now that I'm married, I appreciate having a more steady work pace.

Anything you'd like to add to my list?  Share them please???