click click click

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chocolate Cafe: Koko Black Chocolate (Melbourne, Australia)

The last cafe we visited in Melbourne was a chocolate cafe.  After our brunch at The European, I requested that we have dessert somewhere else.  It was an excuse to spend more time with our friends and of course to try out one more restaurant before we leave Melbourne.

Luckily, there was a Koko Black on the way back to our hotel. 

Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


Koko Black's salon was one of the loveliest restaurants I've been to in Melbourne.  A stunning back counter display, beautiful curtains, dainty chandeliers, elegant looking furniture  and a spacious area for guests made our visit to their Collins Street branch more memorable.

Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


Koko Black's Baby Ice Cream for the little kids and the kids-at-heart.  A single of scoop of chocolate is enough to fulfill your chocolate desire.  Other ice cream flavours they offer: vanilla bean, blood orange and lemon.

Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


Lui ordered an iced something drink hehe.  I really don't remember but this was either an Iced Chocolate/Mocha/Coffee.  A refreshing drink of chocolate blend or espresso with vanilla ice cream and chocolate shavings on top. 

Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


My Husband had the Belgian Hot Chocolate while I ordered the Light Hot Chocolate.  It was my first time to notice a restaurant offering a light version of their hot chocolate.  The regular Belgian Hot Chocolate tasted delicious but I liked the Light Hot Chocolate better.  It was smooth, soothing and light. 

Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


The Husband and I shared the Belgian Spoil platter to go with our hot beverages.  My Husband loved this treat as it was everything chocolate in one platter:  chocolate cake, two Belgian chocolates, a shortbread, chocolate ice cream and chocolate mousse.

Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


The Belgian chocolates were delightful and I love the shortbread and ice cream.  The mousse was light and smooth.  Koko Black's chocolates are not that sweet but since I don't like eating chocolates all the time, it was a bit much for me.  I generously let the Husband have the chocolate to himself.  This platter was truly meant to be shared.

Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


Koko Black (Melbourne, Australia)


The next time we visit Melbourne, we will definitely visit a Koko Black salon as I look forward to savouring a cup of their Light Hot Chocolate.

Koko Black Chocolate
52 Collins Street
Melbourne, Victoria
Phone: 03 9663 5567