click click click

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Three Cafes in Three Days

I had a busy and productive weekend but I was able to squeeze in a few moments to relax here and there.  I'm still having very hectic days at work so I made sure that this weekend I spend quality with myself and my Husband.  With all the things I'm doing, it's getting hard to create balance in my life right now.  I'm finding it sometimes difficult to maintain a steady equilibrium in my world but I'm hopeful that things will soon (fingers crossed) return to normal.

I worked five days last week and on Friday, I just had to leave early as I was itching to have my quiet "me" time.  I was just exhausted dealing with work that at 3:30pm I decided to pack up and leave.  I went straight out to Starbucks to have a cup of their tall Creme Brulee Macchiato. 

Creme Brulee Macchiato is the newest drink at Starbucks.  I've tried this once and I liked it so I just had to try it again because it's a limited edition beverage.  I'm not sure how long it will be on the menu.  It is a creamy mix of crème brûlèe flavoured syrup and freshly steamed milk marked with intense Starbucks® espresso, topped with velvety foam with a roasty, dark caramel drizzle on top. 

This warm creamy, foamy drink was perfect as I had a quiet time at Starbucks, watching people pass by and playing games on my iPod.

Creme Brulee Macchiato


On Saturday, my Husband and I decided to come out of the house to do some shopping for groceries and Christmas presents.  I've started buying gifts since August and for the next three weeks, we will buy a few items until we complete everything. 

We had heavy breakfast at home but I didn't prepare coffee.  I suggested that we have coffee at the mall so we can have time to just relax and talk.  We hung out at Coffee Culture where the Husband had a cup of Latte and while I had a cup of Peppermint Tea.

Coffee Culture (7 Nov 2010)


Coffee Culture always serve their Peppermint Tea like this...

Coffee Culture (7 Nov 2010)

...so when you open your cup, you'll find a surprise---two gummy bears.

Coffee Culture (7 Nov 2010)


Coffee Culture (6 Nov 2010)


My Husband and I shared toasted Plain Bagel with lots of Cream Cheese. 

Coffee Culture (6 Nov 2010)


For dessert, we shared a slice of Brownie.   This is the best brownie I've ever tasted.  Rich, moist and not too sweet.   It has a crunchy top part which I love the most.  My Husband makes very delicious brownies but I have to say that this one from Coffee Culture is better.  I'm sorry but I'm never biased when it comes to food.

Coffee Culture (6 Nov 2010)


This afternoon, we had no plans of going out but after lunch, the Husband asked me out for a hot chocolate date.  Awwwww sweet.  I had so much to do but in the spirit of being spontaneous, I said, "Yes!".

He took me to Max Brenner for afternoon tea.

Max Brenner (7 Nov 2010)


This is what I call a Hot Chocolate KISS....mwah!!!!

Max Brenner (7 Nov 2010)


I had the White Hot Chocolate while the Husband had the Hot Dark Chocolate.  And once again, the Husband ordered a slice of Max Brenner's Choc-Nut Fudge Brownie (he's such a chocoholic).

Max Brenner (7 Nov 2010)


Such a very chocolate-y Brownie.  It had drizzles of dark chocolate and milk chocolate.  It's so mouthwatering.  And it had walnuts which I find very interesting and delicious at the same time.

Max Brenner (7 Nov 2010)


That's three cafes in three days.  Short sweet moments that gave me time to clear my mind and spend quality time with my Husband.

Hope you had a sweet weekend!