click click click

Monday, February 7, 2011

An Hour of Walking

I'm feeling great as I write as this very moment as I totaled an hour of walking today.  I usually walk an average of 20-30 minutes per day but on days when the weather is perfect, I add a few more minutes to my daily walking routine.   

Walking has a lot of benefits to our body.  If you walk on a regular basis, it burns lots of calories.  I can imagine it to something like attending several personal training courses  or applying for personal training careers for free! 

Walking does a lot of wonders to me as it is not only just a physical activity but more of a spiritual and mental activity.  When I walk, especially in the afternoons, it serves as an avenue for me to think of the things that happened during the day, be thankful for the blessings I received and sometimes think of my dreams and plans for the future.  Walking also de-stresses me and keeps me happy.

At the end of a busy day at work, it's one of those activities that I look forward to doing.

Have a great and healthy week!

{Image Source}