click click click

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bakery Cafe: Tous les Jours (Seoul, South Korea)

Tonight, I ache to write about food and so instead of writing about Hongdae as promised, I just had to indulge myself. Our Hongdae photos would have to wait awhile before it gets published.

By the time we checked-in at Lottle City Hotel, we were already starving. So before we unpack and rest (the plan was to have a short nap before we conquer the streets of Hongdae), we had to feed ourselves. As faith would have it (plus the fact that we studied the area where we chose to stay), a lot of cafes surround our hotel. 

The Husband and I just had to look outside our window and looked for a place to eat.  Down below, right infront of our hotel, we saw an attractive looking bakery and I immediately decided, "There!  That's where we're going to eat!"  So off we went down to have a cuppa and some good bread for breakfast.
 Tous les Jours

I love the concept of a bakery and cafe in one.  I love the smell of freshly-baked bread and  pastries.  Even before we crossed the street, I already smelled the aroma of brewed coffee and baked bread and in a few seconds, we were welcomed at Tous les Jours with a simple. "Annyeong Haseyo!".

Tous les Jours

Established in 1996, Tous Les Jours is a leading chain in Korea's food industry's premium café bakery segment.

Tous Les Jours is a French-Asian Bakery serving a unique selection of bakery goods and beverages made with the highest quality ingredients. 

They have stores in America, China and Vietnam.
Tous les Jours

Half the space of their branch is the bakery. 
Tous les Jours

Korea is known for their cake arts.  Their cakes look so creative and delicious. And since they love eating fruits, they use them to decorate their cakes.
Tous les Jours

Took a photo of this Teddy Bear Cake because it's such a cutie! 
Tous les Jours

The other half of their Mapo branch's space is the cafe. 
Tous les Jours

Cozy interiors of natural colors and soft lighting.
Tous les Jours


This one's my favourite.  I love it when I find functional accents like this in cafes and restaurants. The cafe was mostly wood and leather and then there's this cute pieces of metal in one corner.
Tous les Jours

We missed the morning rush so there weren't so many people in the bakery/cafe.  We had a blast taking photos. 

Bakery cafes are a norm in Korea wherein the bread and pastries are readily available for customers to pick and bring to the counter for payment.
Tous les Jours

Once you're at the counter, they transfer your goodies unto a plate if you will eat at the cafe or pack them away for take out. 

I had the Croque Monsieur which is only a ham and cheese sandwich only that the cheese is on top of the bread.  It was a bit toasty, warm and cheesy.

The Husband had Yuna's Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread.  It was perfect for him because he has a sweet tooth.  It tasted delicious and we loved the sprinkled almond bits on top.

Tous les Jours


The Husband had a Latte.
Tous les Jours


While I had Chamomile Tea.  REAL Chamomile Tea, not just a tea bag.  Since we will nap after we had breakfast, I needed a drink that will relax me.
Tous les Jours

I love it!  Nothing beats natural stuff.
Tous les Jours

Now for some camwhoring.

The happy Husband with our drinks.  Now that's what you call service with a smile.
Tous les Jours

Their lighting is great...great for taking photographs and portraits.
Tous les Jours
Tous les Jours

As I'm about to have a cuppa.
Tous les Jours


The Husband likes taking photos of me, especially candid ones.  He always notice that I close my eyes when I drink or eat something beautiful.  He likes making jokes of my silly, crazy habits and I'd just laugh my heart out.  And sometimes I'd just smirk at my silliness.
 
Tous les Jours (Seoul 2011)


On our last day in Seoul, we dropped by Tous les Jours one last time and hoarded a few of their breads: Peanut Butter Cream Bun (my fave!), Walnut & Red Bean Bread (my mum's fave) and Pastry Donuts.  

Tous le Jours
Tous le Jours



Tous les Jours


Mapo-Gu
Seoul, South Korea 121805

Follow ibyang on Twitter