click click click

Monday, November 26, 2012

Beauty Stash: The Clarisonic Mia 2

Since I've been married, I never had the discipline to have facials. Other than being turned off by expensive costs of having facials here in Australia, I'd rather spend my time doing other things. However, I'm aware that it is important to take care of one's skin especially as one gets older. Then I discovered a skin cleansing gadget called Clarisonic Mia which cleans the skin more thoroughly by using a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second.  For weeks, I studied the information in their website and read lots of reviews from beauty bloggers around the world. Then I thought of giving myself this as a Christmas present when I saw a good deal online. After two weeks, my Christmas pressie to myself arrived!

There are a few kinds of Clarisonic Mias but I chose the Clarisonic Mia 2 which has 2 speeds, a one-minute pulsing T-Timer and a protective travel case.
Beauty Stash: The Clarisonic Mia 2

It also came with a 30ml Clarisonic Refreshing Gel which works well with my skin as it's gentle, doesn't leave my skin oily and doesn't cause me to break out.
Beauty Stash: The Clarisonic Mia 2
The Clarisonic Mia 2 comes with a sensitive brush head (they have a variety of brush heads you can choose from) to easily introduce one's skin to sonic cleansing. It is advised to change the brush head every three to four months.
Beauty Stash: The Clarisonic Mia 2

Charging the Clarisonic Mia 2 for the first time took 24 hours. I was very happy when the light finally signaled that it was fully-charged. 
Beauty Stash: The Clarisonic Mia 2

The main reason why I opted to buy the Clarisonic Mia 2 (I really could have opted for the cheaper and basic one) was because of the protective travel case. Since this gadget is for personal grooming, I like that my Clarisonic Mia will be kept clean whenever I travel. 
Beauty Stash: The Clarisonic Mia 2
Beauty Stash: The Clarisonic Mia 2
I've used this for almost a week now and I'm loving it. Here are a few reasons why:
  • The first time I used it, my skin felt cleaner, softer and tighter. 
  • The brushing feels gentle on the skin and yet I feel as if I've had a mini-facial.
  • It gets rid of blackheads on a daily basis!
  • It seemed to have made my pores smaller, resulting to a less oily skin.
  • It gives my skin a natural pinkish glow and even if I've worked all day, my face doesn't look tired. 
I'm very glad with my Clarisonic Mia 2 and I consider this the best present I've ever given to myself. 

If you want to know more about Clarisonic Mia and their products, please check out their website.