click click click

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Nespresso Variations Goes For the Nutty Notes This Year

One of the reasons why I hesitated on buying a Nespresso machine before was because I thought that having one will limit me to enjoying just a number of flavours. I was wrong. Nespresso creates  a Limited Edition Grand Cru which appears twice a year, one in Spring and another in Autumn. When we bought a Nespresso U machine, we were able to catch their previous limited edition, the Crealto

Another thing I learned was that Nespresso also comes out with a Grand Cru known as Variations which is available towards Christmas. Last week Nespresso released their nutty notes: Coconut, Hazelnut and Macadamia Nut Variations so we visited the Nespresso Boutique in Sydney to try it out.
The Husband and I tasted the Hazelnut and Macadamia Nut and they were both delicious blends. We especially liked the Hazelnut Variations instantly as it was sweet, smooth and well-balanced. It was like eating a praline. The Macadamia Nut Variations has a subtle nut flavour and reveals a bit of citrus notes which makes it a refreshing drink.
We bought a box of each Variations (10 coffee pods per box at AUD$8.40)  and had the Coconut Variations at home. 
The Coconut Variations was a lovely blend. If you have noticed from past foodie entries, I have a thing for coconut and I'm glad that Nespresso did their Coconut Variations pretty well. The minute I placed its pod inside the machine, the sweet aroma of Coconut filled the room. 
I love the Coconut Variations as it was like I'm enjoying fresh coconut from the shell. It's very reminiscent of my other home, the Philippines. It's perfectly intense and rich. 
Each of the Variations are 100% of natural origin and contain only roast and ground coffees mixed with natural flavourings that free from food allergens. All the Variations Grand Cru are blended with the smoothness of Grand Cru Livanto and has an intensity level of 6 (on a scale of 1-10). They are only available for at least 8 weeks (or until supply lasts) so visit your nearest Nespresso Boutique or order online