click click click

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Style Musings: Hello Summer!

Summer officially started on the 1st of December and the day before, we were hit by a heatwave-ish temperature of 34-37 degrees Celsius. The Husband and I were blessed to hang out at Manly Beach with friends on Friday. In the city and at the beach, the heat wasn't as bad as the wind was cool. 
When the sun is out, I take advantage and wear something light and cool. Last Friday, I wore a sundress I got on sale via yesstyle.com and paired it with platform Havaianas which I got from Boracay, Philippines.
The dress I wore had a bright, floral design and had a very simple cut. What I loved about the dress was it had two lines of embroidered flowers on the front. It's a tiny detail but it made the dress more dainty. 
Style Musings: Summer Dress
While I prefer good quality and designer sunglasses, however, I'm open to buying a pair of cheap sunnies. Once in a while, I find a style that can easily match an outfit on an everyday basis. Here's a pair of wayfarer sunnies that I found at Valleygirl for only AUD$10.00. 
I hope the Summer season will bless us with moderate warm temps ahead so all of us Sydneysiders can enjoy wearing our sundresses, shorts and singlets and flip flops.

Ensemble: Sundress by 59 Seconds (via yesstyle.com) * Platform Flip Flops by Havaianas * Wayfarer Sunglasses by Valleygirl * Brown Handbag by Marithe et Francois Girbaud