click click click

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mary Mackillop Church, Manly Beach, Westfield Parramatta

It was a rainy Tuesday yesterday but that didn't stop us from going out and enjoying the day.

Here are some snippets of the places we went to:

Early morning mass at Mary Mackillop Chapel in North Sydney.

I love their altar. I'm so fond of seeing an "alive" Jesus in a church's altar (such as Christ the King in Pasig). That's also one of the reasons why the Husband and I got married in National Shrine of the Sacred Heart in San Antonio Village Makati---I really wanted to get married in a church where the Jesus in the altar is "alive" and not a cruxified one.

Since Mary Mackillop was near my cuzin Ayie's workplace, she invited us to meet her and she treated us breakfast (thanks Ayie!) at Tropicana Cafe.

From there, we went to Circular Quay to take the ferry going to Manly Beach. Such bad weather yesterday but we still enjoyed taking photos and going in and out of the shops.

And we also enjoyed our lunch--steak!!!

Our last stop was at Westfield Parramatta for some shopping.

It was also yesterday that the Bakasyonistas got to ride the train and ferry. It's nothing new with my mom and my Tita Cyn, but it was my Dad's first time and I think he enjoyed it.