click click click

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ensaladang Mangga (Green Mango Salad)

Green Mangoes are back!  A sign that spring is nearly here.   Yes, I'm counting the days til the weather is warm and one can do away with heavy coats or jackets.
Ensaladang Mangga

Whenever green mangoes are available here in Australia, I make the most of it by buying at least two green mangoes once every fortnight. 

I usually make "Ensaladang Mangga" (Green Mango Salad) to go with any dish we have for lunch or dinner.  I enjoy eating this with fish dishes the most.  Tonight, we are having this Ensaladang Mangga with Fried Tilapia.  Yum!

This is probably one of the easiest salads to make.  Just chop your green mangoes, tomato, onion, then add a teaspoon or two of "bagoong" or shrimp paste (I use Barrio Fieta's bagoong).  Mix them all together and voila!  You now have Ensaladang Mangga to enjoy.  If you want your salad to have that spicy kick, just add chili.

Do you like Ensaladang Mangga too?