click click click

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Moon on New Year's

...was breathtakingly beautiful.


The great thing about staying home during the new year fireworks was that I got a chance to photograph the full moon.


This was a first time for me to capture the moon at its fullest form. Due to the location of our building, it is very seldom that we get to see the moon. I never really expected to see it on the 1st of January, I only knew of it. So when I took some alone time in our balcony after cleaning up our little new year's party, I was surprised and amused to see the moon looking down on me. It was mesmerizing. Too bad, it was a very cloudy night. In a few seconds, the full moon was covered by dark clouds.

They say that a full moon on the first day of the year is good luck. I'd really like to believe that. After a challenging 2009 for everyone, so challenging that it seemed everyone was too eager for 2009 to be over, we need all the good luck we can get.

However, the universe may have given us a sign but it's always up to us to make 2010 a great year. So let's do it! Let's make things happen in 2010.

Photos by Ibyang Sanchez, Copyright 2010.