click click click

Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Mom's Here!

My mom arrived yesterday for a 7-week long holiday in Sydney.


My mom's here


I'm so so so happy she's here!


My mom's here

She had a smooth flight but had crappy breakfast on the plane (they served softdrinks and didn't offer coffee so she says---que horror!). She's currently loving the cold winter weather as she said, "It's just so hot in Manila!". Before we went out the airport, I kept on insisting she wear her jacket but she said, "It's not that cold", to which I replied, "They've got the heaters on here but once we go outside, it will be cold". I even brought her an extra jacket (the one I'm carrying on the photo above) but the jacket that she finally wore before we went to the parking area was enough.

From the airport, we went straight to one of my auntie's place. This will be her second home while she's here. She'll be shuttling back and forth from our home to my auntie's home so she can also spend time with my grandma and her sister.

My Husband and I spent the whole day with the relatives. I love days such as these where there's an overflowing of great conversations and food shared by a family. After lunch, we just left all the food on the table so anyone can have a bite or two when one feels hungry.


My mom's here

For afternoon snack, my grandma cooked Turon (banana with langka wrapped in lumpia wrapper).

My mom's here

Then one of my cousins asked my auntie, "Do you have ice cream?" I'm amazed at how my auntie seems to have everything inside the fridge hehe.

Voila! Turon with Cookies and Cream ice cream.


My mom's here

If we're not eating, we are usually hanging out at different parts of house. Some would be in the lounge room playing games or watching TV.


My mom's here


My Husband and I set up camp at the formal dining area so we can do some work. That's one long table with our stuff. Eventually, my cousins joined him to work out some stuff about recovering some files.

My mom's here


But always, we end up reunited around the table for some good 'ol fun conversation and yummy food.

My mom's here


Love is one happy family gathered around a table full of delicious food.