click click click

Monday, November 1, 2010

My Blessing From Blogging

There are so many things to be grateful for since I moved here in Sydney.  Last month, I celebrated my 5th Sydney-versary and although I nearly forgot about it, in my heart, I'm celebrating the blessing of being here.

Living here has given me the opportunity to explore interests I never thought I would have time for like blogging and photography.  Never in my wildest dreams that I thought I'd be able to develop a website, share my stories and photographs and find friends in the blogosphere.  From the time I started "A Wife's Charmed Life" it has grown immensely and I'm so grateful to everyone who has supported me and my site.

In September, I received an invitation to write for a community-based newspaper for Filipinos living in New South Wales called "Ang Kalatas".  The publisher found me thru "A Wife's Charmed Life" and had taken interest on the things I share online.  After a few exchanges of emails, I was IN!

While I only started blogging just to update my parents and friends back in the Philippines, as the years go by, the passion to share information became my motivation in maintaining my site.  I figured that being part of "Ang Kalatas" is an opportunity and a blessing to be of service to Filipinos here. 

For the second issue of "Ang Kalatas", my column "Life Down Under" ran its debut article entitled "Making This Home Too".  Seeing my first ever published article in print was like "Wow!".  Until now I still cannot describe how elated I am with the birth of my "new baby".

Ang Kalatas (Vol.1 No.2)

Ang Kalatas (Vol.1 No.2) Life Down Under

"Ang Kalatas" has a website http://www.kalatas.com.au and you can subscribe to us by entering your email address on the right side portion of the webpage. 

If you want to read my article, the online equivalent is HERE.

I have shared this news in my FB, twitter & plurk and I'm truly grateful to everyone who congratulated me, took time to read the article and leave sweet messages on my wall.  It was also nice to hear from friends who migrated to other countries that they can relate to my article. 

Maraming maraming salamat po!


Know more about "Ang Kalatas" by clicking this.