click click click

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chocolate Cafe: Chocolateria San Churro

I went crazy over Spanish Doughnuts when I was in Melbourne and missed them so much.  So when my Husband and I had a chance to be in Parramatta for a dinner party, we went early and had afternoon tea at Chocolateria San Churro.

I've eaten at Chocolateria San Churro's Glebe branch once before with friends and I've loved the experience ever since. 

Who's San Churro?  San Churro is the Spanish patron saint of chocolate.  He witnessed many miracles of chocolate including the healing of the Queen of Spain and made it his life's work to spread the 'secret' of chocolate across Europe.

Their serviettes reminds us to enjoy, indulge and never care for the mess we make when we eat. 

Chocolateria San Churro


Some chocolate cafes you'll come for the pastries or drinks, but in Chocolateria San Churro, you go here for the best Spanish Chocolate and of course, Churros.

Chocolateria San Churro


We shared a plate of Churros for Two with generous pots of melted milk couverture chocolate.  The churros were served fresh and warm, sprinkled with icing sugar.  The Spanish milk chocolate has a very strong chocolate taste, a good fusion of sweet and bitter flavours.

Chocolateria San Churro

Chocolateria San Churro


The Husband partnered our churros with a Hot Spanish Chocolate drink.  It was very rich and thick--we loved it!  It was great to have a break from all those Belgian chocolate drinks we have with other cafes.

Chocolateria San Churro


It was a warm afternoon so I had a big glass of Mocha Mambo topped with chocolate bits.  Refreshing, smooth and delicious. 

Chocolateria San Churro


Right now, I wish there would be more Chocolateria San Churro branches so I can have my churros fix all the time.



Chocolateria San Churro

287 Church Street,
Parramatta, NSW. 2150
Phone:
02 9633 1566
Other branches click
here.