click click click

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things I Love: Royce Chocolates

We seem to have a fascination with chocolates made in Japan.  We've heard a lot of raves about Royce and some friends have recommended that we try it too.  Fortunately, the Husband and I received a box of Royce Nutty Bar Chocolate last year and it was one chocolatey pleasure we can't forget.  Unfortunately Royce Chocolates are not available here in Australia.
Things I Love: Royce Chocolates


So when we vacationed in the Philippines a few months ago, we'd always stop by the Royce 'store' (it's not really a store) whenever we're in Greenbelt 5 and hoard...yes, the best way to describe the way I shopped for Royce chocolates was hoard.
Things I Love: Royce Chocolates



The Husband is more of a chocoholic between the two of us so we tried the Royce Nama Chocolate.  We chose the Mild Cacao because I love white and he loves dark and we just had to compromise.  The Chocoholic Husband loved it and I liked it.  Like lang (I only liked it) coz it's too chocolatey for me.
Things I Love: Royce Chocolates


What we bought more of was their Chocolate Bars.  Knowing that we want to bring them home to Sydney, we needed chocolates that has a longer shelf life.  We bought four flavours: Dark, Milk, White and Almond.

I had high expectations on the Royce White but unfortunately for me, it was a miss.  The chocolate was smooth and light.  I was hoping for a richer milk flavour and it missed the mark I was hoping for.  I'd still buy this bar again though but I would never hoard it.
Things I Love: Royce Chocolates


The Husband enjoyed the Milk and Dark flavours.  However, he said he will never consider the Dark flavour as one of his favourites because it wasn't as rich as well. 
Things I Love: Royce Chocolates


What we really loved the most from all the bars was the Almond flavour.  This was a winner for us.  We can finish a bar in one sitting and we felt bittersweet as we enjoyed our last Almond bar at home.  I'm definitely hoarding this again when we chance upon a Royce outlet somewhere.
Things I Love: Royce Chocolates

Our Royce chocolates are all gone now but one of our friends is visiting Singapore soon and she promised she will buy some for me.

So there, other than the Royce Nutty Chocolate, our newest favourites from Royce are the Nama Chocolate and the Royce Almond Bar.


What's your favourite Royce chocolate?

Follow ibyang on Twitter