click click click

Sunday, February 9, 2014

January on Ibyangram

Ibyang + Instagram = Ibyangram
While my instagram photos are shared on my twitter page and sometimes on my tumblr and fb page, I would like to have a monthly dump of ibyangrams on AWCL too. It is thru instagram that I share everyday moments and random finds. I use instagram as my real time mini-blog. Every end of the month, I'll be choosing a couple of photos from my instagram and share it here because I have something more to say about a certain ibyangram.
My January was about milestones and celebrations. Other than welcoming the new year, the Husband and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary, my birthday and the lunar new year. The year's first month is always about knowing how truly blessed and how enormously grateful we are for a having a good life together. We know this everyday but rings very true on special occasions.
We've gone back to our daily grind of routines. It wasn't that hard to come back to work because I went straight into it on the second day of the year. The start of the year looks promising. Our January was occupied with the things we care about and we're very inspired that it will stay that way the whole year. 

Here are some of the things that made up my January....


First day at work. Enjoying the silence of my office so I celebrate with a strong cup of UCC Blue Mountain Coffee & Speculaas cookies for morning tea.

Brought the Husband to work so I treated him to an Eggs Benedict brekkie. On the other hand, I had Eggs & Toast with Bacon.
First Friday mass at St. Mary Mackillop's Chapel. Said a special prayer for my parents who are celebrating their 38th wedding anniversary today.
I found a piano and when I sat down, I realized that I've forgotten how to play and that made me sad.
My version of Laing composed of Kangkong leaves, light coconut milk and shrimps.
Stir-fried Ampalaya with scrambled tofu and egg. One of our favourite meals at home.
Shared a Club Sandwich with the Husband during our dinner meeting/travel planning.
Making good use of the our phone's calendar in scheduling travel itinerary. We note the train we'll get on, its schedule & other information for easy reference.
Late lunch at Grill'd: Chicken Caesar Salad, Chips & Beef Burger.
Tea time! Chocolate shakes and some Churros at Chocolateria San Churros.
Storm Trooper Cake and Star Wars Cupcakes in celebration of our friend's birthday.
Will travel. Will write. A wall in Coco Cubano that showcased vintage items.
A Yukata Kimono and a pair of Geta (Japanese wooden footwear). These are old gifts I treasure from a cousin who lived in Japan for a few years. 
Anniversary dinner at TGIFridays. 
Happy 7th year to us! :) 
Baked Kale Chips. I snack on these in the afternoon or partner it with soup during dinner. 
Hubby's workmate got us some treats from her Japan travel. It's like she read my mind! Grateful she got us my favourite Kit Kat Sakura Matcha. 
A happy Ibyang Day! Happy birthday to me! :)

Australian Open dinner! Korean Fried Chicken & Dokkboki from TwoTwo and a thin-crust pizza I made which consisted of Hungarian Sausage, Ham & Onion. On TV is the Federer vs Nadal semi-finals.
Nespresso Self-Serve System. Coffee shopping made easy.
What an apt coincidence that the latest Nespresso magazine features Tokyo.
Birthday celebration with family. They got me a pretty Sleeping Beauty cake! :)
Baked Eggs with Chorizo, Beans & Sourdough Toast. Birthday breakfast courtesy of Coco Cubano.
Peanut Butter Besos. A yummy concoction of chocolate and peanut butter. So good!
Happiness is a surprise catch-up with a dear friend from Melbourne!

Happy Seollal! Sae Hae Bok Mani Ba Deu Seyo! 새해 복 많이 받으세요! Celebrating the lunar new year with Wagyu Chuck Steak & Udon.

I hope your start of the year was just as fun and filled with good memories. :)