click click click

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On Marriage (Thoughts on Our 28th Month)

"I've learned this much about marriage. You get tested. You find out who you are, who the other person is, and how you accommodate or don't."

"...there are a few rules I know to be true about love and marriage: If you don't respect the other person, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. If you don't know how to compromise, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. If you can't talk openly about what goes on between you, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. And if you don't have a common set of values in life, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. Your values must be alike."

"I think marriage is a very important thing to do, and you're missing a hell of a lot if you don't try it."

- from Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom




Husband and I are celebrating our 28th month today. Last night, before he tucked me into bed, he surprised me by saying "Good night!!! Happy monthsary!!". Being busy with so many concerns for the past weeks, it was only last night that I realized what day is today. I'm the kind of person that takes note of little things and whenever the Husband does any little thing of thoughtfulness, generosity or anything good, I appreciate his gesture with all my heart.


I shared an excerpt from Tuesdays with Morrie which tackled about Marriage because it is all true--in our case, that is.


So far, in the past 28 months that we have been together, we are doing good as a married couple. At a very young stage of our marriage, we have weathered a few challenges here and there...laughed so much, cried a bit, pissed each other off once in a while. Lots of crazy but fun times.


With each day together, I discover how lucky I am to have him for a husband, partner and bestfriend. Marriage is a challenging thing but what makes it easy is that our center has always been our Faith and our values in life.


To my dear Husband, happy 28th month! Because of you, I'm never without love. :)