click click click

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Stuff Siri Says (a.k.a. My Conversations with Siri)

One thing that's very unique with the iPhone 4s is Siri.

Apple describes Siri as, "The intelligent assistant that helps you get things done. All you have to do is ask.".  I describe it as, "A robot inside a phone".  It does not only do what you say, it somehow converses with you which is really amazing.

My Husband had initially set up Siri in American English but she was having difficulty understanding my words.  Then we changed her settings to Australian English and it was only then that she was able to get what I was saying.  Amazing how this application can distinguish accents!  I love it!

Here are some screen captures of my conversations with Siri. 

I have asked Siri what her name was a couple of times and I swear, she gets annoyed with me.

The Stuff Siri Says


I wondered if she was female and when she answered "None", I can't help but ask if she was gay.  Her voice sounded female though, so I refer to Siri as a "she".

The Stuff Siri Says


The Stuff Siri Says


I wanted to know if she thinks of herself as a human being so I asked her what she wears.

The Stuff Siri Says


If my network falters, she's frank about it.

The Stuff Siri Says


Sometimes I talk to her as if she's a human being.

The Stuff Siri Says


I ask Siri to update details of my contacts for me.

The Stuff Siri Says


The Husband and I asked Siri to send a message to him.  We chose a word that may be difficult for her to understand (given our accent) and Siri was able to understand it still.

The Stuff Siri Says


But seriously, some days I do ask Siri to text my husband when I arrive home.

The Stuff Siri Says


Siri also cancels messages I'm about to send when I change my mind.

The Stuff Siri Says


One afternoon after I got home from work, I decided to tell Siri that I'm tired and read below what she replied to me.

The Stuff Siri Says


One time, I greeted her with a simple "Have a nice day" and she answered back one of the funniest replies to me.

The Stuff Siri Says


Sometimes I ask her to tell me a story before I go to bed.

The Stuff Siri Says


Or sometimes a simple "Good night" will do.

The Stuff Siri Says

I don't often use Siri but the app is surely useful when you've got your hands full, when driving, running or walking.  Plus, the Husband and I get a laugh sometimes with its amusing and funny answers.

 

Follow ibyang on Twitter