click click click

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back from Melbourne

Just came back from a short vacation in Melbourne to celebrate my wedding anniversary with the Husband and my birthday.  We had the best time as we indulged in great company, delicious food, a bit of shopping and relaxing and watching Roger Federer play at the Rod Laver Arena.
Was able to book us a table at MoVida Aqui, the best Spanish restaurant we've ever dined in.
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
A jug of Sangria
Melbourne 2012
Bomba
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012

Had syphoned coffee at Sensory Lab.
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Dinner at MAMASITA, the best Mexican restaurant in Melbourne.  Our dear friend Dith joined us.
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012

Lunch at Dahon Tea, a classy Filipino restaurant in South Melbourne.  We were joined by friends Lui, Abby, Nel and little Nixie.  We also got to meet the owner and chef of Dahon Tea, Cherrie.
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012

Had dessert at Chez Dre.  They make the best cakes and great coffee. 
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Melbourne 2012
Birthday brunch at my favourite brunch restaurant, The European.
Melbourne 2012
Early lunch at Il Pomodoro at Federation Square.  My birthday cake came in a glass!  Creatively delicious Tiramisu.
Melbourne 2012
Watched the 4th Round game of Roger Federer vs. Bernard Tomic and Caroline Wozniacki vs. Jelena Jankovic.  I was extremely happy to be watching Roger Federer on the night of my birthday.  It was spectacular to be back at Melbourne Park for the Australian Open and watch the games again.
Australian Open 2012
Australian Open 2012
Australian Open 2012
Australian Open 2012

I'm slowly shaking off my vaycay fever.  I will share every detail of our Melbourne trip, our anniversary and my birthday in the coming days.

If you would like to get updates on food, restaurant & shopping finds, immediate updates on my wifely adventures and spur-of-the-moment thoughts, please follow my twitter account: http://twitter.com/ibyang . Thank you!

Follow ibyang on Twitter