click click click

Friday, September 14, 2012

Style Musings: The Love Lace Exhibition

MAKE LACE NOT WAR

It was an opportune time to be at the Powerhouse Museum when the Love Lace Exhibition was shown together with the Harry Potter Exhibition. I have mentioned of my love for textiles before and I was ecstatic to see a lace exhibition for the first time.  Lace is one of my favourite fabrics (next to silk and satin) because of its intricate and meaningful designs, the details and hardwork that goes into creating them, and the romance and mystery it brings to those who wear them. 

The exhibition showcased the things one can do to lace, may it be in the form of dresses, boots, gloves, jewellery and artwork. It was a small exhibition but it was a beautiful showcase. I hope you enjoy some of the photos I took from the exhibition as much as I loved seeing them.

Want to see more of the Love Lace Exhibition? You can buy the book here.
The Love Lace Exhibition
P1150The Love Lace Exhibition438

The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition
The Love Lace Exhibition