click click click

Friday, July 26, 2013

Sweet "Me" Times at Max Brenner

Max Brenner is another cafe that we frequent near our home. Lately I've been having my "Me" times here. On evenings when we plan to do grocery shipping, I wait for the Husband at Max Brenner and indulge in their desserts. 

Their Belgian Waffle is always a favourite which I always pair up with strawberries and a cup of coffee.
The Optimistic Trio is my latest cake discovery. It's made up of three layers of mousse: dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate. It was sooooo good.
I ate it while enjoying a cup of Flat White. My coffee came with a small stirrer spoon; the cutest stirrer I've ever encountered.
My latest visit at Max Brenner was before we watched "Man of Steel" where I had a cup of one of their Winter offerings, Salted Caramel Storm. I tasted a hint of caramel in my chocolate drink but I hoped for more and felt underwhelmed. I guess I'll go back to ordered their normal chocolate drinks and coffee.
For good chocolate desserts and drinks, Max Brenner gives me my sweet "Me" time. It's a place where I get to feel a certain warmth all the time.