click click click

Monday, April 19, 2010

Affirmation: Value Quiet Moments

Affirmation:

I value my quiet moments
as much as I value
being with
those I love.

 
{image source}

Personal Reflection:

As a wife that juggles several roles (sometimes, even in just one day), life can be pretty overwhelming. It is of normal occurrence that a friend would tell me, "You are always on-the-go" or "Ang dami mong racket/gimik! (you have a busy social life)". And I agree, I do have an active life. Other than being a wife, I manage a home, have a full-time job, I have relatives and friends that I regularly see and parties that I organize with them, I blog and maintain friendships online too, I read a book and watch TV everyday, my parents and I talk on the phone every weekend (one to two hours) and my husband and I have our projects (photography and graphic design) as well. I have a full life and I'm happy that everyday, I'm productive as I can be.

Do I get tired? Yes, once in a while I do get tired. But almost always, being with family and friends and doing things I love, never really exhaust me. They are actually the source of my joy and adrenalin.

However, I have one big secret that I will share with you---and that is how I'm able to manage my time well and not end up exhausted with all my activities.

On top of all the things I do on a daily and weekly basis, I'm able to allot time for myself (that's why I sometimes blog about my "Me" time). Time for myself is a sacred, sacred, sacred thing. I have my daily quiet times and I have my weekly "Me" times.

A few years back, doing all the things I love made me feel very tired and sometimes I hated going to work. Then I learned about the value of having quiet moments and having "me" times. It did wonders to me physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually when I started allotting time for myself on a daily and weekly basis. Nowadays, I rarely experience PMS or get depressed and I like going to work even on a Monday.

Here are some ways I'm able to have my quiet times in day:

1. I wake up a few minutes before the alarm and just stay in bed for awhile. Eyes still closed, I'd say my morning prayers and count my blessings.

2. In the afternoon, I'd sometimes have an extra 30-40 minutes of walking. I get to de-stress and exercise when I do that.

3. I go home early and have a quiet moment at home while cooking dinner and waiting for my Husband to come home from work. The first 15 minutes that I arrive home, I spend sitting down while I sip a glass of warm honey lemon juice or a glass of wine.

4. On Fridays when I'm off from work, I spend a few hours at a cafe, have a cup of coffee while I write on my journal.
Those are just a few usual things I do to achieve a more balanced and stable spirit. You can be more creative and adjust the activities so that it'll suit you more.
 
The best thing I learned in having quiet moments is that I never run out of energy to fulfill my duties, I'm more at peace and I'm able to give more quality time for others.
Wishing you all a great week!

15 comments:

  1. I envy you. I do try my best to get some quiet alone time everyday but it's not easy. I miss having friends that I can call and go out with. I miss having the freedom to go to a cafe by myself and just read or watch the world pass by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful entry. I also set aside a "me" time and one of them is going to a coffee shop and just write on my journal. I find writing a great outlet of whatever I am feeling.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like ME time too! And thanks for your tips. Sunday is usually my ME time. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a little quiet time everyday, but I haven't had "me" time" in a long time. I need to explore the idea of "me" time and figure out a way to explain it to my wife. She will think it is "anti-wife" time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's important to have quite "me" moments. ^^ but still, i try so hard to not explode from all the stress. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thanks for the tips ibyang. this is what i need. when i'm depressed kasi ang tendency ko matulog nalang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree. "me" times are impt. time to reflect and time to get to know yourself better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to cafes and just sit there and having coffee is a perfect Me time. :)

    Happy Tues. See yah Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i believed life down under is more laid back compared to life here... so to get reasonable amount of quiet time here is a skill-challenge... thanks for giving us affirmations...

    ReplyDelete
  10. When we were young [with my sisters] my mother would always tell us to behave because shes tired of all these house chores, jobs, socials etc. I was a mischievous kid then, "quiet and still" was an impossible task. Reading this made me realize I should have given her more quiet times...but nah when we started to grow lives on our own she constantly complain, "Visit us. The house is too quiet now."

    Have a great quiet moment this week. :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with your thoughts... we need time for ourselves too. I normally go to the spa and have a rejuvenating massage and pampering scrub. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @CandyQ: finding quiet time or me time is challenging. pero kaya natin yan! :)

    @Kayni: thank you! i love writing on journals too.

    @Chyng: that's like me when I was single, Sunday is stay-at-home day for me, that's when i rest and do anything i want.

    @Rick: i'm sure your wife will understand. my husband has his own quiet times. at night before he sleeps, he hangs out at our balcony for a few minutes. some days he goes to the mall alone and i stay home. plus, i let him have his boy's night out on some occasions.

    @toxic disco boy: yes to de-stressing and i really hope you won't explode--just take it easy.

    @eds: you are welcome.

    dyanie and jeanny: hello there! :)

    @Edong: i started doing quiet and "me" times when I was still in the Phils, back then i had more activities. i believe it is challenging everywhere we may be. but when you know that value of quiet moments in your life plus a little of discipline, you will do anything to achieve it.

    @J.Alvaran: okay lang yun, you were kids then so how would you know? i'm also guilty of being noisy at home hehe. thank you for the visit!

    @Leah: aww i miss going to the Spa. I used to that in the Phils. Now that I live here, it's quite expensive so I just do bubble baths.

    ReplyDelete
  13. just popping by from top blogs PH, you seem very organized with your time and able to balance things which are important. I'll follow your site and will be popping by again. My site: http://thesaladbowlmommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am just learning to have this ... and enjoy it ... I plan to have a quiet Krispy Kreme ME time every Monday from now on ... or a quiet cafe moment with my journal and my thoughts that are too delicate to be written on my blog ... thanks for another affirmation that what I am doing is right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A good place to watch movies and TV shows. They have a good comment and a rating system which makes finding good video easier.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are important to me. Thank you for taking time to leave a message!