click click click

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dinner at Won Jo (Strathfield, NSW)

I've caught the busy bug at work. My load at the office has developed into a slow avalanche that it's been quite a challenge to balance my time between home duties, work, blogging and time for myself. I don't mind busy times though. I've always welcomed challenges that keep me in my toes and problem solving situations that keep my mind active.

Sometimes I don't mind long days at work too as long as it ends up with dinner out with the Husband. Last Thursday, the Husband took me to dinner at Won Jo, our favourite Korean restaurant in Koreatown (Strathfield). We just had dinner in Koreatown the previous week but our attempt at dining at Won Jo failed then, we craved to go back.
A colouful Banchan. Won Jo serves several Banchan dishes and it's refillable too.
We ordered our comfort Korean food that night.

We started off with Seafood Pancake. Won Jo's seafood pancake has lots of seafood and little batter (just enough to hold the seafood in). Korean pancakes are usually eaten as appetizers but this particular Seafood Pancake has generous seafood in it that you can actually eat it with rice. It's huge as well. We only ate one-fourth of this pancake and took the rest home.
The Husband got himself a huge bowl of Pork Bibimbap. The pork was a bit spicy and flavourful. Perfect for the huge portions of vegetables and rice.
Since it was a cold night, I had a bowl of still boiling Spicy Beef Stew. So comforting to eat with rice with it's hot soup. 

With tummies full, we decided to walk around Koreatown. We found a liquor shop with Soju and Korean wines; a grocery store that sells Korean ice cream and a chemist that sells Korean cosmetics.
These were our loots that night: Makgolli (Korean rice wine), Binggrae Melona Ice Waffle and Binggrae Summer Crush
I was also fortunate to find a pencil lip colour on sale. It was a MISSHA Soft Crayon Lip Rouge and it even came with a sharpener. Can't wait to try it.
If we're going to end long days at work with dinner and a bit of shopping, I wouldn't mind. But of course, we can't do this everyday. But I'm glad for nights like this to occur in order to give us a break from our busy work.

Won Jo Korean BBQ Restaurant
33a The Boulevarde, Strathfield NSW
Phone: 9746 7041