click click click

Monday, November 9, 2009

Menu Checklist (for Hosting Parties)

I'd like to share with you a checklist I've created in order to help me organize my menu whenever we host a party at home.

I used to have a one-dimensional Menu Checklist but in the course of organizing parties and events in the past years, I have improved my Menu Checklist to a three-dimensional one. Here's the menu checklist I used for my Husband's birthday party this year:


This checklist is just a simple table format in a Word document. My checklist consists of three columns: (1) FOOD, (2) To buy and (3) To Do. You may also add a fourth column that says "Person Responsible" if you have a big family and you'd like to delegate a task to each member. In our case, there's only my Husband and I for now and we always share the tasks between the two of us.

Under the Food category, I have subsets that lists our Appetizers, Mains, Desserts and Drinks. In my To Buy category, I list down the ingredients I need to buy at the grocery store. In my To Do category, I write down what needs to be done and when it should be done. If you noticed that some of the things listed here have been strikethroughed already, it means it has been bought or accomplished.

This checklist has proved to be very helpful for me and the Husband. We posted this on the fridge a week prior to the event and we refer to it to make sure that we're right on track when it comes to the party preparations.


I hope this will help you in time for the Christmas parties ahead or in case you will be hosting a party in the future.