click click click

Friday, November 14, 2008

Food Find: Sweetened Dried Cranberries

Want a healthy option for a snack? Try this...

The brand is Craisins because it's like raisins, only this is

sweetened dried cranberries.

I love it! I've been snacking on these since I've discovered it from a party that we attended. It tastes better than raisins because it gives me a more sour taste.

You can eat this with yoghurt, salads, cereal, porridge or simply eat it straight out of the bag.

Nutritional Value:

  • Naturally fat-free
  • Source of antioxidants
  • May help maintain urinary tract health

Effects I've experienced after snacking on dried cranberries:

  • No more constipation blues (I find this more effective compared to raisins)
  • I feel more "detoxed" everyday

This brand may not be available in the Phils, but there might be another brand of the same thing and there might be sweetened dried cranberries available in stores that sell peanuts and dried/preserved fruits.

While window-shopping at Paddy's Markets two weeks again, I saw sweetened dried cranberries in the markets, so it's probable that these may be available in other wet and dry markets too.

Edited: After a few minutes of posting this, a friend of mine from the Phils has informed me that Craisins is available in Santis Delicatessen (thanks Alyn!).