click click click

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Prayers Against Storms

Even if I don't live in the Phils and haven't totally experienced Ondoy's rage, I feel like I've been traumatized too. Everytime I text my parents back home, I always ask whether there are rains or if the sun has come out already. Para lang akong humihingi ng update ng weather sa Phils palagi ngayon. And no, I don't trust the weather reports of Pag-asa that much. I think regardless of the weather reports, we can only believe up to a certain extent but we always have to BE VIGILANT ALWAYS.

Last night, my Husband and I watched TV Patrol online and it weakens my heart to see the aftermath of the tragedy that happened. Sa bawat kwento na sinasalaysay ng reporters, parang nahuhulog ang puso ko.

According to reports (click this please) there might be two tropical depressions to hit the Phils in the coming days. I'm sharing these prayers below so we can all pray now in the hopes to alleviate or re-direct the storm that may pass by the Philippines again.

Prayer or Blessing Against Storms

Jesus Christ a King of Glory has come in Peace. † God became man, † and the Word was made flesh. † Christ was born of a Virgin. † Christ suffered. † Christ was crucified. † Christ died. † Christ rose from the dead. † Christ ascended into Heaven. † Christ conquers. † Christ reigns. † Christ orders. † May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning † Christ went through their midst in Peace, † and the word was made flesh. † Christ is with us with Mary. † Flee you enemy spirits because the Lion of the Generation of Judah, the Root David, has won. † Holy God! † Holy Powerful God! † Holy Immortal God! † Have mercy on us. Amen!
Another Prayer to Avert Storms and Hurricanes

Father, all the elements of nature obey your command. Calm the storms and hurricanes that threaten us and turn our fear of your power into praise of your goodness. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
For more prayers, please click this: Prayers Against Storms
May God bless and protect the Filipino People!