click click click

Friday, March 5, 2010

Dinner Date at Menya Noodle Bar

Was looking forward to going home as soon as the Husband picks me up from my "me" time at the cafe in the middle of somewhere but surprise surprise, he asked me out on a date!

As mentioned on my previous entry, I've been busy with work and for some reason, the Husband has been busy with his. Since last week, he's been working ridiculous hours (going home very very late) that we seldom "see" each other. Lately too, we've been going out with friends that we feel we haven't had a date for so long. So I guess, we've missed each other that my Husband asked me out to dinner and I said "Yes!"

He brought me to this Japanese Noodle Restaurant near where he works called "Menya Noodle Bar". He brought me there because it's one of his favorite places to have lunch and he wanted me to try their noodles.
 


It's located in a small alleyway in-between buildings. Simple but cozy interiors. Chris says the place gets very busy during lunch time.


 

We sat at the bar because I wanted to do something different for a change, plus, the bar looked cozy too...and it was.
 

Orders took about 10 minutes to arrive. Mine arrived first: the Tonkatsu Menya Box (AUD$10.50). It consisted of Miso Soup, Rice, Green Salad, Tonkatsu (Chicken) and


 
underneath the Tonkatsu, I was very happy to find Crispy Fried Noodles.


 
It was a lovely meal. The serving wasn't overwhelming but it was very filling. The Tonkatsu was tasty and the chicken was crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

Then came Chris' Teriyaki Chicken Ramen in Miso Soup (AUD$11.90).


 
I'm amused by the big serving of noodles here and the big spoon that came with it. Parang sandok! :)
 
Their ramen was delicious. I love it! According to Chris, their ramen is really their specialty and I so agree with him. Now I know why he craves for their noodles.

No wonder people come here often. On weekdays, they are open during lunchtime, closes for a few hours, then opens again at 6:00PM til 10:00PM. Before 6:00PM, there were a few people like us already waiting for Menya to officially open.

I studied the menu and they've got organic meals as well---one of the things Chris pointed out to me because he knows I look out for stuff like that in restaurants.

I look forward to eating here regularly.

As for the date, we had fun as usual, trying out new food, sharing a good meal, catching up with each other and laughing at silly things. It was a great way to end a busy hectic week.


Menya Noodle Bar is located at
Shop 2, 1 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000. All photos taken by my phone's camera.