click click click

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Recipe: Pasta in Creamy Tuna and Mushroom

The following week I made my baked tuna pasta dish with red sauce, I had to make another tuna pasta dish, this time with white sauce because my Husband loves white sauce in pasta dishes.

My Husband and I are opposites when it comes to food (example: he likes dark chocolate while I like white chocolate; he likes white sauce in pasta, I like red sauce). It's a good thing though, when we eat, there's always a variety.

Pasta in white sauce is equally delicious. But I love pasta in tomato sauce or sauce-less pastas because it has less fat. Anyway, it's not bad to have it once in a while, plus I get to make my Husband happier.


 
What you need:
200g cooked pasta (I used spaghetti noodles this time)
2 tbsp olive oil (or any cooking oil you choose)
I big can of Tuna

1 medium-sized onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
150g button mushrooms, sliced (or you can add more if you like)
1 medium-sized carrot, cut into small cubes
125g Fresh Cream
A dash of Basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

What you need to do:
1. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
2. Stir in the fresh cream.
3. Add the tuna and mushroom and leave for 10 minutes.
4. Throw in carrot bits. Stir once every few minutes until sauce thickens.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add a dash of Basil.


Serve with Parmesan Cheese on top.

Tips:
a. Carrots are optional. I just add those in because I wanted to up the healthy factor of this dish and I like seeing color on the food I eat.

b. You can use bacon as an alternative to tuna. Trust me, it's delicious.

Bon appetit!