click click click

Friday, March 19, 2010

Recipe: Tuna and Olives Pasta Bake

If you think my Chili Spaghetti recipe is easy, this is easier, I swear.

I'm the kind of wifey that gets turned off with recipes with so many ingredients and procedures. I sometimes cook complicated dishes on special occasions but on everyday living, I keep the fuss in cooking to a minimum.

One of my philosophies in life is to "simplify things" and that is also how I manage my time in the kitchen. Some recipes that come my way, I would probably disregard some ingredients if there are too many. Sometimes I'd find an alternative if they are not available in our pantry. Cooking is supposed to be fun and easy. If I find a dish too tedious to prepare and cook, I'd probably just dine out and order it from a restaurant.

This recipe is a product of my love for tuna, red pasta sauce, olives and basil. Sometimes, you just have to put together some of your favorites into one dish in order to create something easy, healthy and delicious.

 



What you need:
300 grams cooked pasta (in my case I used macaroni)
500 grams tomato sauce or pasta sauce
1 big can of Tuna
125 grams stuffed Green Olives
A dash of Basil, Pepper and Salt
1/2 cup shredded Tasty Cheese/Cheddar Cheese

What you need to do:

1. Pre-heat oven to 100 degrees.
2. In a pasta dish, gently stir in the cooked pasta, pasta sauce and green olives.
3. Add Basil, Pepper and Salt to taste.
4. Scatter over the Tasty Cheese/Cheddar Cheese.
5. Place pasta dish inside oven to bake at 150 degrees for 10 minutes or till cheese is golden.

Serve with french bread or salad.

Nutrional Benefits:

Tuna - high in omega-3 fatty acids
Olives - source of Vitamin E, oleic acid and protein
Basil - source of beta-carotene