click click click

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas at Home

I'm really not that ready for Christmas this year.  I have to admit that for the first time in my life, I'm not feeling the spirit much.  If I had to choose, I'd skip it this year.  I'd go away and be on vacation and come back after the New Year.  The culprit, you might ask?  My work.  Not that I want to blame my work.  I thought the month of December would bring me a bit of peace at the office, a bit of breathing space but nooooo.  Work turned out to be more demanding as we closed down for the year.  *sigh*.

Anyway, enough of that. The 24th of December marked my last day at work.  My Husband and I made a pact that we will meet for lunch no matter what happens.  As a young family of two, we make sure that we have our own traditions when it comes to occasions such as these.  We believe it is good practice to have these traditions when we have little ones to celebrate occasions with. 

It is tradition that we celebrate the start of Christmas on Christmas Eve lunch til after the New Year. We are on vacation leave on the week between Christmas and New Year.  We only go back to work on the first working day of January.

We get off work early (half-day off) on the 24th to have lunch.  This year, lunch was at the Chefs Gallery.  After our sumptuous meal, we hung out in the city and used the time to do some last minute Christmas shopping.
Christmas 2010


We got home late in the afternoon.  I was really exhausted but the spirit of Christmas suddenly crept in on me and thought I should at least prepare a little something for Noche Buena.

Christmas Eve dinner is usually spent with our relatives but they are currently having a white Christmas in America so this year, we had a quiet celebration.

At 10:00pm, the table was set and food was ready.  We didn't wait for midnight as I didn't want to sleep late.
Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010


I just prepared a simple pasta dish and fruit salad for dessert.  We had leftovers of roasted chicken from dinner the other night and voila!  Instant Noche Buena for two.
Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

There were no surprise gifts from both of us these year because we already gave our Christmas gifts to each other weeks ago.  We however opened gifts from thoughtful loved ones after our Noche Buena. 

Gift or no gift, we are grateful that we have special people who are great blessings to us.  Their love and friendship are more than enough not just this season of love and giving but throughout the year.

On Christmas day, we just attended mass in the morning and spent the whole afternoon sleeping.  We finally got our well-deserved rest.

How was your Christmas?