click click click

Friday, August 31, 2012

Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

It's the last day of Winter and there's a sigh of relief at the thought that it is ending. While this year is probably one of the perfect Winters I've had in Sydney, just a few days that we had rain and lots of sunshiny days, my "tropical body" is nothing short of excited to welcome the warm season ahead.

As my way of saying goodbye to Winter, I've prepared a list of items that helped me get thru each and every cold day. For those in Australia, these might give you an idea on what to look out for in winter sales (currently on-going!) and for countries about to experience cold weather, this list might give you an idea on winter essentials to buy.

Puff Jacket. I've got trench coats for different levels of winter coldness but there comes a point when I would only wear my puff jackets because they're the only ones who can keep me warm during negative degree temperatures. The one I'm wearing below gives me maximum warmth as this jacket's insulation is made of furry material ("Carpeted itong jacket na ito!" is what I always tell the Husband). Although puff jackets make me feel like I'm a walking marshmallow and make me look shapeless, I don't care. Once it's hugging my body, I'm able to face any coldness the winter brings. My tip in finding a puff jacket: try it on and see how the insulation feels on your body and how thick the insulation is ( "is it keeping your body warm enough?").

Scarves. Like the puff jacket, I have different kinds of scarves to cater to different levels of coldness. Scarves are your neck and chest's bestfriend as it adds warm and protection to your body.  The knitted scarf is the one that ultimately keeps me warm on very cold days.
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

Knitted Beannies. On very cold and windy days, wearing a beannie is a must. It keeps your head covered and hair in placed. 
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

Knitted Gloves. All the gloves I wear during winter are knitted as I love the cozy feel of them. 
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

These two pairs below is gadget-friendly.  The brown pair has the finger part cut up but if you're not using your hands for tapping gadgets, you can wear the top part to cover your fingers. 
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

This fuchsia pair has grey tips on the thumb, pointing and middle fingers so when you wear this pair, your fingers are able to tap gadgets. You can wear this pair of glove without taking it off in order to tap your phone or tablet. Very clever!
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

Knee-high socks and toe socks. Although I wear tights on some days, I have a lot of days when I only need to wear socks as my legs doesn't feel cold much compared to my upper body. However, these knee-high socks are helpful when I'm wearing high boots.  The toe socks on the other hand are helpful when I'm at home as it keeps my toes warm during bedtime.
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

Winter Boots for the Home. I found this cute winter boots at Target on sale and got it so I can use it at home.
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

Laced-up Boots in Canvas. Another great find for me as it was on sale. I use this when I'm tired of wearing heavy leather boots. They keep the feet warm and so comfortable. Since it's canvas, this can be worn during Spring and Autumn. 
Style Musings: My Winter Essentials

Tomorrow Spring will officially start but it will still be a fair bit cold on the first two-three weeks. I'm no plans of putting these pieces that kept me warm this season as yet but the thought of wearing lighter clothes excites me.

Hope Winter was kind to you this year!